At Home Abortion
At Home Abortion
Why do I need a sonogram before an abortion?
- If there’s fetal cardiac activity (a heartbeat)
- How far along you are (determines the type of abortion needed)
- The location of your pregnancy (for safety purposes)
- You should not buy Mifeprex over the Internet because you will bypass important safeguards designed to protect your health.
- Mifeprex has special safety restrictions on how it is distributed to the public. Also, drugs purchased from foreign Internet sources are not the FDA-approved versions of the drugs, and they are not subject to FDA-regulated manufacturing controls or FDA inspection of manufacturing facilities.
- To learn more about buying drugs safely, please see Buying Prescription Medicines Online: A Consumer Safety Guide [PDF]
Your Health Matters
One of the first steps a licensed medical provider takes before giving a patient any medication is to get a medical history. This helps rule out conditions that might make the medication dangerous specifically to you.
For example, you need a licensed medical provider to check if any of your current or former medications and/or supplements will interact dangerously with the medications used for abortion. The medications used in an abortion react badly with numerous medicines and even with certain foods. You need a licensed medical provider to tell you what you can safely consume with the pills.
You also need to discuss other situations that would make medication abortion dangerous. For example, you cannot take the abortion pills if you use an intrauterine device (IUD) as contraception. Your provider will ask the necessary questions to rule out any other unsafe practices.
Also bear in mind that only a licensed medical provider can examine you to check for the physical issues that would prevent you from safely taking a medication. There are circumstances that would make a medication abortion unsafe, including (but not limited to) the following conditions:
Ectopic (tubal) pregnancy
The best way to protect your body and your health includes a visit to a reputable center for an evaluation. Contact us now to schedule your visit so we can help you make the right next steps.
You’re more than the results of a test. We promise: no pressure, no judgment, just confidential care.
An unplanned pregnancy doesn’t have to cost you your hope or future.